December 9, 2010

Finding A Good Red Lipstick

I have read and been told that Latina women should not wear red lipstick because it doesn't fit out skin tone and because it makes our already full lips look bigger. Well, you know what I have to say to that? Que churro!

Latina women most definitely can wear red lipstick. I own several shades (from MAC) and I find that red lipsticks can go from everyday to dramatic you just have to know what to look for.

For a nice everyday fall look I like to wear "Hot Tahiti" (right) it's a little more crimson, and it's a nice red without being too in your face. For spring and summer I like to wear "Lady Bug" (left) as my everyday shade. It's on the lighter side of the red spectrum. In the tube both these shades look a little scary, but these shades are of the "lustre" type, which means that they are actually a little on the sheer side and therefore not true to the tube, pero, son colores hermosos para piel cafe con leche.

If you want to go a little more wham, bam, thank you ma'am! Then Mac also has you covered. One of the best shades I've found is Viva Glam I (which can be seen on the right.) It's an intense deep crimson red and looks fabulous on olive skin and dark hair.

If you really want some MORE oomph, then go for a very true bright red. The best shade for Olive skin is "Russian Red" seen here on the left. This is as true to red as you can get. It's definitely an "in your face" shade , pero con confianza any Latina can pull off this little number.

So, que esperas? Go find try some of these at the counter, and find the one that makes you feel bonita.

0 comments:

Post a Comment